This regular 15th-century Gothic castle with an enclosed courtyard had a two-story residential block made from brick and surrounded by a defensive wall with circular towers at each corner. It was remodelled in the 18th century.
With its external facades richly articulated with tracery the castle shows late-Gothic elements. However, it gained its current shape in 1772 when the tympanum of the southern wing together with the massive arcades to the courtyard were built. At that time the other wings were already serving as granaries, with wine and tithe cellars beneath them. The basement also provided space for a prison.
The castle was commissioned by Filippo Scolari - Pipo de Ozora as he was known in Hungary - who was the son of a Florentine merchant family living in Hungary.
The castle today is a museum.
source: Hungary starts here